Wednesday, December 16, 2015

A little art show for you!

 My view from my hammock while camping in Alaska! Acrylic on canvas covered board.
 My view from our apartment in Cochem, Germany in the Mosel River. Acrylic on canvas covered board.
 A quick charcoal drawing in Lille, France.
 A gift for our waiter in Amboise, France.
 A tiny acrylic painting looking out of the window at 1am in Paris.
 A quick pastel on sandpaper drawing of my favorite person in the world...drawn in Edinburgh, Scotland.
 A very tiny pen and ink and colored pencil drawing of Neuschwanstien Castle in Germany.
 A tiny drawing done while waiting to enter the Theatre Sebastopol in Lille, France. We went there specifically to see Lara Fabian in concert. I hoped to give this to her, but had no opportunity to do so.

I thought you might enjoy seeing some work that I have done this past year on my travels. I bring with me the following in my tiny art box: 6 tubes of acrylic paint, 4 x 6 canvas covered boards, a piece of glass for a palette, paint brushes, NuPastel chalk pastels and fine grit black sandpaper to do pastels on, a package of handi-wipes, smooth vellum, art pens, and colored pencils. These all fit nicely in a 5 x 7 x 7 tupperware-like container with a handle. Since I am only 4'10", it also serves as my foot platform while sitting on the plane. As you can see, these are all quickly done works in a small format. And I enjoy using a variety of mediums. I save my oil paints for my studio only.

No comments:

Post a Comment