Monday, December 14, 2015

My Mini Art Studio

As with most things in life, preparedness makes a difference for your success in any situation. In order to spend 20 minutes a day doing art, I realized that being ready to draw anywhere was my ticket. So I bought a small bag just big enough to hold my watercolor postcard pad, and then added my plume de becasse, a Faber-Castell artist's pen, a teeny bottle of Winsor-Newton ink, my aqua-mini watercolor set, a teeny knife to remove the paper from my drawing pad, a tiny bottle to fill with water as I needed it, and a couple of napkins. That's it! and I carry it everywhere! Sometimes I only have 5 minutes, so I use my artist's pen. If I have more time, I bring out the ink and plume. My challenge to you today is to think about how you can be prepared to practise your craft with minimal set-up time. It has made all the difference for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment